Cool people who follow this blog

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Bienvenido a 2009

It's New Years Day and I am very eager to explore all the possibilities that 2009 holds. I leave for staging in Washington D.C. in five days; I will spend less then 24 hours there, then it is off to Guatemala. I think that I have all the supplies I need, I am almost completely packed, I am starting to get nervous, and I am extremely excited!

2009 promises to be a year of exploration, adventure, personal growth, and great change. I am taking a leap of faith here by following my heart into the unknown. I will be leaving behind my family and friends for over two years in the hopes of helping others, gaining some new perspective, and finding my place in the world.

I am not sure how many people will actually read this blog and follow along with the stories of my experiences; but for those of you who do, I hope you are entertained by my adventures, I thank you for your interest, and I encourage you to comment often. I will try and keep this updated as often as possible, and will include as many pictures as I can.

I will post again when the fun has begun. I miss you all already. Happy New Years everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Anth,
    I hope Chapter 8 is the best yet. Looks like the weather was beautiful when you landed in Guatemala City. 24 degrees and rain/snow/ice here. Miss you already.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Senor,
    Will you please start up a Rounders squad over in Guatemala? I mean com'on that little girl has to be better the the Grouper in the outfield! tata C4 PS- DON'T FORGET TO EAT...PUMP...AND TAN! (those should be your first priorities)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI ANTHONY, GREAT BLOG!! WE KNOW THAT YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A GREAT EXPERIENCE. YOUR DAD, SUSIE AND ED ARE HERE WITH ME WALKING ME THROUGH THIS. GREAT HEARING FROM YOU. I LIKE THE RELIGION PART. KEEP IN TOUCH. LOVE, ED AND FRAN

    ReplyDelete